JESSIE (TV Series) is an American television sitcom which premiered on September 30, 2011 on Disney Channel . The series was created and executive produced by Pamela Eells O'Connell. It stars Debby Ryan as Jessie Prescott.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Jessie Prescott (Debby Ryan) is an idealistic and resourceful 18-year-old from rural Texas who moves to New York City to realize her dreams and becomes a nanny to the four Ross children along the way.
- Emma Ross (Peyton List) is a bubbly but cynical 14-year-old girl, eager to order the world the way she sees it. She is the only biological child of the bunch.
- Luke Ross (Cameron Boyce) is a mischievous 12-year-old boy adopted at the age of five from Detroit who has a passion for video games and dancing. He considers himself a ladies' man and has taken a liking to Jessie in particular.
- Ravi Ross (Karan Brar) is a 11-year-old boy from India and the newest adoptee to join the Ross family. He is imbued with the culture of his beloved homeland, but is thrilled with his new life in America.
- Zuri Ross (Skai Jackson) is an adorable, sassy 8-year old who was adopted at birth in Africa. She is the one who discovered Jessie in the first episode. She has close-knit relationships with Emma and Jessie. She is also Luke's partner-in-crime, but she lets him fend for himself.
- Bertram (Kevin Chamberlin) is the frosty butler of the Ross family who begrudgingly helps Jessie navigate her job as nanny for the four Ross children.
- Mrs. Kipling Ross (Frank) is the house pet, a 7-foot Asian Water Monitor lizard. Ravi found the lizard when she was only a egg, and she is his only link to his beloved homeland, India. While the series was in fruition, she was orignally a capybara.